Where can we have our document legalized by Thai MFA

Where can we have our document legalized by Thai MFA?

To legalize a document with the Consular Department: This is a critical step if we need to submit official documents for travel abroad or obtain documents from abroad to submit in Thailand. Legalization is the process of certifying a document and ensuring that it is valid and may be used legally. The legalization procedure consists of multiple steps, but don’t worry, it’s not that complicated. One of the questions that everyone always has is where to submit the document for legalization, and if it is too far. By the way, we can offer all relevant information on the affiliated offices, which are now easily accessible.

1. What should we prepare before submitting the document for legalization?

รับรองเอกสารกงสุล ต้องเตรียมอะไรบ้าง

If you need to certify your documents, you can’t do so without any required documents. It is recommended that you prepare the necessary documents to receive the service. If you forget one of the required documents, it will waste your time and cause you to return to your home to re-prepare your documents, which can make you lose more time. If you do not wish to spend a lot of time on this matter, the essential step is to prepare the necessary documents before receiving legalization services.

1.1 Passport for Foreigner and Identification Card For Thai

This is the first thing you should prepare and bring with you in order to identify yourself. It is requested that both the original and the certified correct translation into English be provided. Concerning the certified correct translation, the identification card must first be translated into English and certified correct translation before being used to submit the document to the Legalization Division.

1.2 Original document needs to be legalized

The document is to be used for further processing depending on the agencies and purposes, such as if you submit it for continuing study abroad, the transcript is required, or if you wish to marry foreigners, the certificate of marriage qualification or other documents that the destination demands are required. To submit the document to the Legalization Division, it is necessary to fully prepare all necessary documents as requested by the destination.

1.3 Certified English Translation

Another important document that should not be overlooked is the English translation, which should be certified as correct. We are unable to use only an original in Thai for legalization since the document must also be translated in English and completely certified by the translation agency. It is recommended that you seek the assistance of a translation agency for this step in order to translate the document and get the correct translation certified on your document. This is the most effective solution.

2. Where may the document be legalized?

Nowadays, receiving legalization services is not difficult; even if you live in another province, you do not need to travel to Bangkok because the Legalization Division provides legalization services across Thailand, and there are legalization offices in various areas. As a result, you can go to the nearest legalization office, which you can find listed below all affiliated legalization offices, where you can receive the service.

2.1 Legalization Division

Those who live in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region can submit the documents to the Legalization Division for legalization. The office is in the Chaeng Wattana area of Nonthaburi Province and open from Monday to Friday.

  • Location: 123, Chaeng Wattana Road, Lak Si District, Bangkok, 10210, Department of Consular Affairs Building, 3rd Floor
  • Tel: 02-575-1058

2.2 Legalization Office MRT Khlong Toei

Those who live in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region feel that the Legalization Division on Chaeng Wattana Road is too far away or too uncomfortable. Another easily accessible office is the Legalization Office at MRT Khlong Toei. You can also get there by MRT, which is another option for those who do not wish to be stuck in traffic.

  • Location: Metro Mall
  • Tel: 02-103-1631

2.3 Passport Office, Chiang Mai

Those living in northern Thailand do not need to travel to Bangkok to submit their documents because they can do it directly at the Passport Office in Chiang Mai.

  • Location: Chiang Mai International Exhibition and Convention Centre, 1st Floor, Ruang Peung Building, Mueang District, Chiang Mai Province
  • Tel: 053 – 112 – 748

2.4 Passport Office, Ubon Ratchathani

Those residing in the north-east of Thailand, known as Isan, may also seek the service; you may not need to travel to Bangkok because Isan has also offered the legalization service, which is available at the Passport Office in Ubon Ratchathani.

  • Location: Ubon Ratchathani City Hall, 1st Floor, behind the city hall at the west side, Ubon Ratchathani Province
  • Tel: 045 – 344 – 581 ext. 82

2.5 Passport Office, Song Khla

Aside from the locations mentioned above, legalization service is also available in the south of Thailand. If you live in the south of Thailand, you can also process your documents at the Passport Office, in Song Khla.

  • Location: Passport Office, Song Khla, Laem Son on Road, Bo Yang Sub-district, Mueang District, Song Khla Province 90000
  • Tel: 074 – 326 – 510

3. Using a Translation agency on your behalf helps you save time

ศูนย์แปลฯ ยื่นรับรองเอกสารกงสุล รับแปลภาษาทุกชนิด

If you feel that submitting the document directly to the above-mentioned offices is still too far for you and you do not have time to process your documents, it is recommended that you seek the service of a translation agency, since you can request the translation agency to translate the document, then certify the correct translation on your document, and finally submit the document on your behalf. You only provide the power of attorney, and you will not have to waste time traveling to submit the document yourself; alternatively, you will simply wait for your document at home, as we are ready to serve the service to your hand.

The above-mentioned offices are where you can submit the document for legalization. Meanwhile, if you are unable to travel to the mentioned offices or do not have the time to process the document on your own, we, as a professional translation agency, Firstchoice Translation, have accepted any type of document and have offered the service translated the document by expert translators for almost ten years, including offer the submission service on your behalf.

Further more information to our First Choice Translation office: LINE OFFICIAL ACCOUNT: https://page.line.me/fc2009?openQrModal=true หรือ

Head office: Phaya-Thai , Jatujak
1 Phoomdecha Building 4th fl., Pradiphat 10 Alley, Phaya-Thai Sub-District, Phaya-Thai District Bangkok 10400
Tel: 061-1769965 ,

Phuket Branch in Phuket Town
7/4 Patiphat Rd, Talad-Talat Nuea Sub-district,Mueang Phuket,Phuket 83000
Tel: 065-3958392

  • First Choice Translation Co.,LTD.